The Next 60 Days After ITA

The Next 60 Days After ITA

Receiving an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residency is a moment of triumph for every applicant who goes through the Immigration process. After all the consultations, taking the IELTS, getting your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done; it’s a sigh of relief that one gets when they see the mail/ITA from the Government of Canada.

The Next 60 Days After ITA

Having said this, the work is only 90% done and the remaining 10% tends to be the most important stage in any Immigration process. All applicants that receive an ITA need to accumulate all their documents so that it can be submitted to the Government of Canada.

List of documents post ITA

The general documents required are:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Passports and Travel Documents (Multiple)
  • Proof of medical exam
  • Biometrics
  • Education (diplomas/degrees)
  • Employment Records
  • Police Certificates
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support

Each applicant must furnish all these documents before the end of the 60-day period that’s given. Once this task is completed, the last thing required to do is wait until your application is done being processed by the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). They may take about 6 months to get back after the Acknowledgement of Receipt. If everything goes well, you will be granted the Permanent Residency status and you will be intimated of the window period (Date of Arrival) in which you can land in Canada.

The Next 60 Days After ITA

Meanwhile you can use this time wisely to meet family, travel around the country, spend quality time and save enough money until you fly to Canada!!!