Temporary Resident Work Permit

Canada Immigration Consultants

An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for the ones who are listed as ineligible.

Who is eligible to apply for a work permit?

Is it okay to work in a different NOC(job) in Canada than provided in the Express Entry profile?

An open work permit is only available in certain circumstances:

  • If you are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and is eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
  • You are a student who can no longer afford to pay for your studies and fees.
  • You have an employer specific work visa and are being or are at danger of being abused in Canada because of your job.
  • Filled out an application for permanent residence in Canada.
  • You are a member of a dependant household of someone who has applied for permanent residence.
  • Are a skilled worker’s or international student’s spouse or common-law partner.
  • Are a spouse or commonlaw partner of an Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program applicant.
  • Are a refugee, a refugee claimant, a protected person, or a family member of a protected person
  • Are subject to an unconstitutional removal order.
  • Are a temporary resident permit holder.
  • To be qualified in each of these scenarios, you must meet additional programme conditions.