How do I prepare myself to immigrate to Canada?
What do I need to know about moving to Canada? Canada immigration news is always pumped in with information about the various immigration opportunities in Canada, the draws that are held, number of invitations given out to applications, etc. This in fact motivates everyone to pursue this option while the opportunity is available. Read on to understand how one can mentally prepare to live and prepare to work in Canada. You will have a lot of things to know before moving to Canada and consider a few questions to ask before migrating to Canada. Starting this journey the right way matters a lot. Let us help you in your research.
WHAT TO ASK (AND NOT TO ASK) WHEN IMMIGRATING TO CANADA
Let’s say you intend to immigrate to Canada and want to prepare for life in Canada, Of course, you are willing to find a fast and easy way for immigration. You may want to consider five or ten questions to ask an Immigration Consultant. However, what if we told you to avoid asking specific questions when you intend to immigrate to Canada? You would probably wonder why is that? Isn’t it a legitimate question to expect a fast, easy, cheap and guaranteed immigration option?
AVOID ASKING THESE QUESTIONS!
- Don’t ask: “Can you offer me an easy immigration option?”
The process of immigration to Canada is challenging. Why? Simply put, millions of people want to immigrate to Canada. However, Canada can accept a limited number of immigrants every year. Therefore, they put many measures to cherry-pick the best candidates. For example, some of the typical requirements include the following:
- Knowledge of either English or French languages: To verify language abilities, you need to take an official test and get high scores. Unless you master one of those languages, none of the existing tests is easy.
- Post-secondary education: If you do not hold a post-secondary credential, you will have limited options to immigrate to Canada. Regardless, you need to evaluate your credentials via specific organizations. Of course, this takes time and money.
- Past work experience: Imagine going back to your employers one by one and asking for work reference letters.
- Financial documents:Think about collecting bank statements, business financial statements, etc.
- Background information: You need police certificates from every country that you lived for a long time. Of course, the immigration authorities must make sure you are not inadmissible to Canada.
- Medical examination: If a person is a threat to Canadians’ health, they could become inadmissible to Canada. Also, you must not impose an excessive demand on our healthcare system. Therefore, you and your dependent family members need to go through a comprehensive medical examination.
Of course, these are some generic examples. Depending on the method of immigration, the documents you need vary. Collecting documents is not an easy task. Nonetheless, the officer may request more documents from you in the future. They may even invite you to an interview.
- Don’t ask: “Can I immigrate quickly?”
When Express Entry was introduced in 2015, the system was intended to enable faster processing of immigration applications. IRCC aimed to process 80 percent of all Express Entry immigration applications in six months or less.Notably, the time it takes for IRCC to process a permanent residence application is only one part of the Express Entry process. So, you should anticipate that the entire process will be longer than the average processing time listed above for the permanent residence application.
- Don’t ask: “Can you offer me a cheap immigration option?”
I hate to break it to you, but immigration to Canada is costly. Of course, if you decide to do it yourself, you do not need to pay professional fees to a practitioner.
However, the complex and ever-changing nature of Immigration rules means that regardless of applicants’ research and English language skills, some will still make mistakes which are hard to correct, if they can be fixed at all.
So if you are going to use a paid service, it is implied that your profile should remain in the hands of experienced professionals, after all, would you allow an inexperienced doctor the chance to operate without the necessary credentials or experience? So why would you risk your chances of starting a new life to save a couple of dollars? Contact us today to receive a free consultation call or simply fill-up our assessment form for a free eligibility assessment.
- Don’t ask: “Can you guarantee my success?”
What a weird question that we hear a few times a month! Let me us frank with you. No one in this world can guarantee your success. Here are some reasons:
- The decision-maker is an immigration officer, not the immigration practitioner: How can you expect the middle-man to guarantee the decisions of the authorities in charge?
- Whether we like it or not, the immigration officers can incorporate their discretion in the decision-making process. Of course, they have to follow the immigration law, but the law leaves room for them to decide. Even courts rarely interfere with the job of an immigration officer.
- Sometimes unforeseen issues result in refusal or rejection of an application. For example, Canada may exit an international treaty or the new government may decide to stop a popular immigration option.
- Since the immigration process is time-consuming, your situation could change.
If you request guaranteed results, you only push away honest practitioners. Consequently, you may end up with fraudsters or dishonest people who will empty your pockets or cause misrepresentation.
QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK!
There are so many unauthorized agents/immigration consultants, however almost 99% in India aren’t legally authorized to provide immigration services and hence it’s very important for customers to do their thorough study and not fall for heavy marketing.
So here some tips for you to differentiate between Novus immigration services and the other 99%.
- Representative form (IMM5476E): If I am paying you money to represent me, could you please show me the IMM5476E form that you have signed for your previous clients.
- Direct assistance by an RCIC lawyer:If it is signed by an RCIC (Regulated Canadian immigration consultant), will I be able to talk to him if I need his legal assistance?
- Extra fees for refiling: Is my file valid only for a year? will I have to pay again for refiling the next year as the validity in CIC portal is only for one year?
99% charge you for refilling next year (it’s a big red flag).
- PNP options: When you talk about PNP assistance, is that also restricted to few provinces?
- Retainer agreement Regulation – ICCRC: Will you be signing a legal Canadian agreement or the usual tailor-made agreement which is not valid in the courts as Canadian immigration is outside the jurisdiction of Indian companies act.
(Why do you think all the agencies are vanquishing with numerous consumer complaints?)
Common marketing gimmicks used XYZ consultants:
- Offering you job services and post landing services:
99% of the agencies claim to offer you these services but in reality, these services are provided free of cost to you by IRCC. You and your family can get free in-person and online services to help prepare for and adjust to life in Canada. We call these pre-arrival services. However, you can’t get pre-arrival services if you’re coming to Canada for a short time. That is, you’re a temporary resident visiting, studying or working in Canada on a visa or permit.
Pre-arrival services can help you to:
- prepare for your move to Canada
- get your education, work experience and credentials recognized in Canada
- connect with employers to find a job
- connect with free services after you arrive in Canada
- Giving you discounts that are too good to be true? Perhaps they are!
99% of XYZ agencies claim affiliation to RCIC and hence if you choose to get direct consultation or authorized representation on your file they will explain to you that it will be more expensive and hence not preferred by them. These agencies find it cheaper to give you consultation through their untrained staff who have as much knowledge you have about the system that you can reasonably gather online. To have an ICCRC Regulated consultant giving you one on one consultation, these immigration consultant firms will have to spend way higher than the cheap fees they offer their services at.
All they care for is a SALE!
We believe in representing you legally and providing you the realistic picture even if the chances are bleak.
There is no magic wand in finding your way in the labyrinth of immigration. Nonetheless, your critical thinking remains your best friend.
If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session.
Team Novus Canada https://www.novusimmigration.com/